- This event has passed.
February Board Meeting
February 4, 2018 @ 9:00 am - 10:00 am
Unitarian Universalist Fellowship of Madison County
Minutes of the Board Meeting
February 4, 2018
Members Present: Robert Auchter, Hobert Ellis, Joan Boewe, McKenna Revel, Belinda Gonzalez
Congregation Present: Diana McDowell, Doris Pierce, Amber Gompper, Ed Younce
Call to Order: 9:10 a.m.
- There have been no responses to the ad for childcare. Rob gave Joan the contact name and address of a person (Lexy Priddy) perhaps interested in the RE position. She’s a former student of Marianne McAdam. Joan will send her a message with info and ask for her return message.
***Minutes from December null***
- Last year’s ending balance was $31,900
- Net income of $9,800
- We are now at $31,200; there were more expenses than income in January
- Electric bill for January was $508. Because of the $508 January electric bill, Robert will check into a programmable thermostat for the kitchen/fellowship hall area
- Hobert recommends we amend the budget to decrease the budget by $1,900, to land at $40,100 due to the program committee not needing their portion of the budget
- Bring this to the congregation’s attention, gather input
Communication Committee Report: Ed Younce
- The newsletter / weekly reports are being conducted by Ed and Bekah Roberts
- The letters to the congregation are going well and being well-received
- The Board will be forwarding agenda/Board minutes for the purpose of putting them in the newsletter
- An Archive section is being added to the website by Gregory
- Still working on the calendar
- Belinda has been doing well on keeping the Facebook page updated.
- The YouTube account is being continually updated and is running smoothly
- Communications is becoming quicker
- Transportation and sign language needs have yet to be met; actively working on it
- Events need to be on the calendar more quickly
Programming Committee Report: Doris Pierce
- The Soul Matters series is going really well; there’s a lot of material, and it’s well worth the money
- The program is an issue
- No updates from Karen Jansen, about gathering info on committees
- The Caring Committee needs updated addresses, more help in general
*** Print contact list, verify info next Sunday!!!!!***
- Pulpit table: Nothing has been moved forward. The presentation boards have been presented and emailed out. We should arrive at a date in which there should be a vote. Perhaps we should do an article in the newsletter.
*Vote date set for April 8th, Community Sunday*
- We should return to archiving documents, especially programs. Perhaps scan documents digitally; Diana and Gregory will spearhead this
- We need to consider how best to provide an ASL interpreter; a request link for those services will soon be added to the website
- Music Ministry suggests we request 20 new hymnals from the UU budget in an effort to provide them for the congregation at large. **Hobert will donate all of the hymnals. His contribution is recognized by the Board with a great amount of gratitude. **
Next meeting set for: March 4th, 9:00 a.m.
Meeting adjourned: 10:30 a.m.