- This event has passed.
Last Call for Input– The Feel of Our Space
March 31, 2018
This year, we have been engaged in a congregational conversation in regard to how we want the interior space of the UUFMC to feel as we move into the future. Just as we take pride in the aesthetic of our homes and display our values and perspectives through color, light, and furnishings, we want the interior of the UUFMC to feel attractive, welcoming, and comfortable to members and guests, and to display our UU values.
Our building was originally designed for a Jehovah’s Witness congregation. The sanctuary is unchanged from that design. Later, our fellowship hall and classrooms were added. Now, we are choosing a custom-designed pulpit and table for the sanctuary. This is a good time to consider our hopes for the future feel of our space. The purpose of this project is not to make decisions about our space. It has been an interesting and useful conversation, and lots of ideas are being generated, from completely cost-free to fairly expensive. Our ideas will be handed over to the UUFMC Board for their careful consideration.
Done Thus Far:
- Sunday, 9/17/17, The Feel of Our Space: A Congregational Conversation. A chronological visual review of UU interiors, from older traditional churches, to Frank Lloyd Wright creations, to the spacious and light-filled designs now being built. Generated a first list of ideas to consider. Power point available: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- September, bulletin board display of UU interiors posted in the lobby.
- September–November, Hanging sheets posted in Sanctuary, Fellowship Hall, and Lobby with two questions. How does the space feel? How would you like the space to feel?
- Sanctuary Conversation, 10/8/17, discussed comments and listed desired improvements.
- Fellowship Hall Conversation, 11/12/17, discussed comments and listed desired improvements.
Remaining To Do:
- February–March, Last call for input, using the back of this sheet, return to Doris or place in the input box in the lobby. CLICK HERE FOR INPUT SHEET
- Sunday, 5/20/18, Final Report to the UUFMC Annual Meeting